December 30, 2008

Scammers need not apply

From my inbox:

Dear Sir/Ma,


GREETINGS !!! FROM GRANAD RESOURCES INTERNATIONAL LIMITED.

WE ARE IN SEARCH FOR AN INDIVIDUAL, PARTNERS OR TEAM THAT WOULD BE READY TO WORK WITH OUR COMPANY. IT IS SIMPLE, IF YOU ARE STILL IN SEARCH OF A NEW JOB OR YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A SUPPLEMENTARY ONE…



First, no one calls me “ma,” not even my child.

Second, stop yelling.

This rather long piece of scam spam solicits my resume for a job in the United Arab Emirates.

Yeah, right. As if an American Christian woman with a big mouth and a devotion to democracy would stand a chance in the UAE.

This particular scam seems intended to take advantage of our increased unemployment rate. I trust you are all too clever to fall for it. Unfortunately, as Scam-o-Rama points out, there are a handful of people who want to believe that the e-mails they receive are for real.

No comments:

Post a Comment